This Barback job description sample template is optimized for use in attracting experienced candidates capable of leading your business and promote its growth.
A barback s is a junior role for someone willing to work as a barista, bartender or even a bar manager in the future. They usually undertake simple tasks and support the more experienced bar staff before they’re able to take orders, serve customers and mix drinks without supervision.
Barbacks work behind-the-scenes to support bartenders and waiters during their shift. They assist with the bar opening and closing procedures.
● Refilling ice bins
● Replacing beer kegs and liquor bottles
● Collecting glassware and cleaning up the bar area
We are looking for a suitable individual who can take responsibility for Barback. The aim is to support and manage our Bartenders along with the rest of our staff. You’ll assist in opening and closing procedures of the bar. You will perform various behind-the-bar tasks, such as restocking the bar and preparing garnishes. If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in the hospitality industry, this is a great opportunity to get the first-hand experience of how a bar operates.
Ultimately, you aim to ensure that our guests are getting excellent customer while they are at the bar. Note that, to be considered for this role, you should be legally authorized to work in a bar where alcoholic beverages are served and consumed. You should also be available to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
● Collecting empty glasses and bottles
● Tidying up tables, counters and other bar areas
● Restocking the bar with straws, coasters and napkins
● Cleaning rags throughout the shift
● Preparing mixers, juices and cocktail garnishes
● Removing trash and wipe down drink spills
● Refilling ice bins
● Changing out beer kegs and replace liquor bottles
● Replenishing peanuts and fruits
● Assisting Bartenders during rush hours
● Minimum age to serve alcohol as per legal standards
● High school diploma
● Interest in the hospitality industry
● Basic knowledge of bar menu items and recipes
● Additional certification in mixology or hospitality will be preferred
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Physical fitness
● Team spirit
● Flexibility and openness to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays