This job description template of Safety Coordinator is optimized for posting on online job boards, careers pages or portals to draw in suitable applicants, and are also easy to customize as per your company’s requirements and recruitment processes.
● Directing accident investigation procedures.
● Formulating and implementing OHS policies.
● Advising on provisions to minimize safety risks.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Safety Coordinator who can help us in minimizing the risk of job-related accidents. You will be expected to monitor operations and eliminate hazardous activities associated with them. You will also be required to develop policies that promote Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) awareness. A skilled safety coordinator is well-versed in all OHS dictations. As a safety coordinator, your work will be focused on the prevention and thus you’ll be needed to possess analytical abilities with a sensitivity towards potential dangers within the workplace.
The aim is to support the creation of a healthy and safe workplace within the organization.
● Advice on provisions to minimize safety risks.
● Develop and enforce OHS policies (e.g. accident reporting process).
● Direct accident investigation procedures.
● Organize and conduct OHS training plans.
● Monitor compliance and safety issues under the guidance of the manager.
● Intervene in unsafe activities or operations.
● Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OHS matters.
● Proven work experience as a safety coordinator or a similar role.
● Outstanding communication abilities.
● Should have an eye for details.
● Adequate experience in the implementation of OHS training programs.
● In-depth knowledge of OHS guidelines and practices.
● great advisory skills.
● Should have proficiency in MS Office suite.
● Relevant experience in reporting and developing policies.
● Should be Diligent with analytical skills.
● A B.Sc/B.A degree in business administration, law or a similar field.